Rednal Airfield information for pilots
THIS IS THE GENUINE WEBSITE FOR REDNAL AIRFIELD - BEWARE OF IMITATIONS
There are incorrect details on various websites.
Rednal Airfield is CLOSED and PRIVATE. DO NOT LAND HERE!
There are numerous obstacles and hazards and there are no facilities.
There is no windsock.
The owners reserve the right to take action against pilots/aircraft using the airfield.
As an aviator you are not insured and neither is your aircraft, for any eventuality at Rednal Airfield.
- Rednal Airifeld is very hazardous for all but the most experienced aviators - national grid pylons over 150' high (incorrectly recorded in old VFR/Pooleys,etc as 80' agl) run nearly parallel to the east only 250m distant.
- More than 10 national grid 150' pylons are within 2km of the airfield and their path intersects the flightpath from the north at approx 1km from the runway.
- Nearby hills of Tedsmore, Welsh Frankton, and Sutton Bank pose additional hazards.
- Trees, phone and electric poles abound.
- A public highway frequented by farm traffic and HGV runs alongside and parallel to the runway for half its length with a concrete and steel fence separating road and runway.
- Construction of new agricultural buildings will shortly be taking place adjacent to the runway
- The airifeld does not comply with the recommendations of CAA guidelines for unlicensed airfields.
- Rednal Airfield is closed and action may be taken against pilots/aircraft using the airfield.
- If you use Rednal Airfield without permission you are uninsured.
- If you use Rednal Airfield without permission no responsibility is accepted by the owners for any accident, injury or damage caused to you or by you to persons, equipment or property.
- Please be aware that military helicopter training, driving practice, HGV practice, bonfires, model aircraft flight, inflatable testing, ballooning, kite-flying, amateur rocketry, fireworks, cattle-droving and movement of large agricultural machines takes place in, on, above and around the airfield.
- Please ignore websites stating the airfield is open, or giving means for obtaining their own 'PPR'.
THIS AIRFIELD IS CLOSED - NO LANDING
LOCATED: REDNAL 3 NM SE of OSWESTRY, SHROPSHIRE.
NEAREST ALT: Sleap (5 NM East).
COMMENTS: Trees, pylons, HV lines, overhead utility wires on approaches.
- - No Windsock.
- - No fuel.
- - No first aid.
- - No fire extinguishers.
- - Airfield used by helicopters from RAF Shawbury & farm traffic.
NOTE: Power lines, trees, fences, roads along and across runways.